College Savings Calculator
The College Savings Calculator helps you determine how much you need to save to be able to attend the college of your choice.*
- Enter ballpark values by clicking on and dragging the sliders left or right. Enter exact numbers by clicking in the box and type your number (no commas).
- Solve for different variables by clicking on the radio button in front of a label name. You cannot change values for a radio button that has been selected.
- The results of your calculations show in the box near the bottom of the calculator.
- Initial Savings
- Select this button to calculate how much you should have in your college savings, to date, to meet the demands of the other variables.
- Monthly Savings
- Select this button to figure out how much money you need to put aside to meet the demands of the other variables.
- Annual Return
- Select this button to figure out what interest rate you need to get on your investment to meet the demands of the other variables.
- Time Until College
- Select this button to determine how many years it will take you to reach your savings goal.
- Annual College Costs
- Select this button allow you to determine the cost of the college you can attend, given your inputs for the other variables.
- The dynamic results box displays different values, depending upon which variable radio button has been selected.
- Enter your estimate of what the inflation rate will be from now until college starts.
- Years Of College
- This drop down allows you to specify how many years of college you think you will need to pay for.
*Calculators provided are estimation tools and do not necessarily reflect products, terms or rates that Home Federal Bank may offer. Please contact your Home Federal banker to verify results.