Estate Tax Calculator
The Estate Tax calculator allows you to estimate the total current value of your estate and the potential current year tax liability on that estate.*
- Enter ballpark values by dragging the sliders left or right.
- Enter exact numbers by clicking in the box and type your number (no commas).
The results of your calculations show in the box near the bottom of the calculator.
- Property Owned by You
- Enter the value of all real estate property held in your name. This would include your primary residence and any other properties that you own individually
- Life Insurance Death Benefit
- Enter the value of all of your life insurance policies.
- Property Owned Jointly
- Enter the value of all real estate property held jointly by you and other individuals.
- IRAs, Plans, Annuities
- Enter the total value of all tax deferred retirement plans held in your name.
- Revocable Trusts
- Enter the total value of all assets held in revocable trusts.
- Other Property
- Enter the value of all other assets held by you individually, or jointly with other people.
- Current Estate Value
- This is the calculated sum of all values entered above.
- This summarizes your estate value, the estimated tax on that estate and what the effective tax rate is on the estate.
- The interactive graph shows you the value of your estate and the estimated tax. Mouse over the graph bars to get a value readout.
*Calculators provided are estimation tools and do not necessarily reflect products, terms or rates that Home Federal Bank may offer. Please contact your Home Federal banker to verify results.