Nest Egg Calculator
The Nest Egg Calculator graphically shows how your nest egg grows and how it depletes as you withdraw from it.*
- Enter ballpark values by clicking on and dragging the sliders left or right.
- Enter exact numbers by clicking on the number in the box and type your number (no commas).
- Years Until Retirement
- This value determines the duration of time available for your money to grow tax-deferred. This value is significant in determining how large your nest egg will become before you start withdrawing from it.
- Annual Investment
- This is the amount you can contribute annually towards your retirement. Starting early and contributing the maximum amount possible will ensure that you will be able to afford to withdraw the most during your retirement.
- Annual Withdrawal
- This is the amount you can withdraw annually during your retirement. It is assumed that you will be withdrawing both interest and principal to meet your retirement needs. The more you withdraw, the fewer years your nest egg will last.
- Annual Return
- This value represents the annual return on your investments. Obviously, the more your investments yield before your retirement, the bigger your nest egg will be at retirement. This translates to a larger amount available during retirement or more assurance that your money will be available for a longer retirement, should you need it
- Grab the slider at the bottom of the graph and move it into a colored area on the graph. The slider tells you how much you have in your nest egg for that year.
- Annual contributions would be made at the end of each year.
- Annual withdrawals would be made at the beginning of each year.
- You may have to pay taxes on the amount you withdraw every year.
- Your contributions would earn tax-deferred interest for the entire duration (even during retirement).
- Your contributions would not have a limit before losing tax-deferred status.
*Calculators provided are estimation tools and do not necessarily reflect products, terms or rates that Home Federal Bank may offer. Please contact your Home Federal banker to verify results.