Retirement Savings Distribution Calculator
The Retirement Savings Distribution Calculator allows you to figure out how much to save for your retirement and how much to withdraw if you want to make your savings last.*
- Enter ballpark values by clicking on and dragging the sliders left or right. Enter exact numbers by clicking in the box and type your number (no commas).
- Solve for different variables by clicking on the radio button in front of a label name. You cannot change values if the radio button is selected.
- The results of your calculations show in the box near the bottom of the calculator.
- Savings At Retirement
- This is the nest egg you have accumulated. Select this button to see how much you need in savings to meet your other goals.
- Years In Retirement
- This is the number of years you plan to be in retirement. Select this button to see how many years in retirement you have covered based on the other variables.
- Return (After Tax)
- This is the average after-tax returns you estimate your nest egg will yield. Select this button to see how much return you need to meet your other goals.
- Annual Withdrawal
- This is how much money you will take out of savings annually during retirement. Select this button to see how much money you can really withdraw based on the other variables.
- Enter your estimate for annual inflation during your retirement years.
- The results box content changes, depending on which variable has been selected.
*Calculators provided are estimation tools and do not necessarily reflect products, terms or rates that Home Federal Bank may offer. Please contact your Home Federal banker to verify results.