Taxable vs. Tax-Deferred Savings Calculator
The Taxable vs. Tax-Deferred Savings Calculator shows how much better it is to put your qualified investments in a tax-deferred instrument than in a taxable one, all other things being equal.*
- Enter ballpark values by clicking on and dragging the left or right.
- Enter exact numbers by clicking on the number in the box and type your number (no commas).
- Investment Amount
- This is the amount of money you have to invest.
- Annual Yield
- This is the interest rate you can get on your investment.
- Tax Rate
- This is your income tax bracket.
- Grab the slider at the bottom right of the graph and move it to a specific year to see the difference in the accrued amounts between the two types of investments.
*Calculators provided are estimation tools and do not necessarily reflect products, terms or rates that Home Federal Bank may offer. Please contact your Home Federal banker to verify results.