|Overview||Understanding Identity Theft||Protect Your Identity||Common Scams||Recourse After Fraud||Business Security Resources|
Business Security Resources
Preventative things a business can do are to:
- Initiate ACH, wire transfers and online bill payments under dual control. For example, one person authorizes the creation of the payment file; and a second person authorizes the release of the file.
- Ensure that all anti-virus and security software and mechanisms for all computer workstations and laptops that are used for online banking and payments are robust and up-to-date.
- Monitor and reconcile accounts daily. Many small business clients do not reconcile their bank accounts on a daily basis, and therefore may not recognize fraudulent activity until it is too late to take action.
- Utilize routine and “red-flag” reporting (i.e., alerts about unusual activity) for transaction activity.
Business Security Solutions
Home Federal provides enhanced security controls for businesses to manage business transactions.
- Security Tokens
Security tokens provide additional security by further verifying your identity upon login. Every time you log into Online Business Banking, the Bank identifies you and allows you to identify the Bank. Learn more…
- ACH Blocks & Filters
ACH Blocks & Filters protect your bank accounts from unauthorized electronic (ACH) debits. The block and/or filter gives you control over which electronic transactions post to your bank account(s), helping reduce your fraud risk. Home Federal will only process authorized transactions.
- Positive Pay
Positive Pay is a tool to deter check fraud. The service matches the check number and dollar amount of each check presented for payment against a list of checks previously authorized and issued by your company. Both components of the check must match exactly or it will be sent back to you for review.
- Wire Templates
Wire templates can be created for your recurring wire transfers. If you always wire money to the same place, templates can be created with the correct account information reducing the risk of keying errors and someone sending money to an unauthorized place.
- Risk Assessment
In addition to the tools above, Home Federal Bank is committed to protecting the security and integrity of our customers’ accounts. As part of our commitment, commercial account holders utilizing cash management services will be asked to complete an Information Security Assessment on an annual basis. This assessment tool is intended to help you proactively identify information security threats and help us better understand and improve your security program. Below are the questions asked during the assessment.
- My organization uses anti-virus and anti-spyware (malware) software.
- My organization secures our internet connection with a hardware firewall.
- My organization has a software firewall on all computers
- My organization applies security patches and updates to software programs
- My organization creates electronic backup copies of important data/information
- My organization controls unauthorized physical access to protect our computers and important information
- My organization secures our wireless access points
- My organization trains our employees on basic security principles
- My organization has unique user accounts for each employee on computers and applications
- My organization limits employee access to data and information
Home Federal does Personal Banking, Business Banking, Ag Lending , Home Loans, Trust and Asset Management, and Investments. With so much to offer, learn what Home Federal can do for you.